- 1 When was the last perfect game pitched in Major League Baseball?
- 2 Has anyone ever pitched a 27 pitch game?
- 3 How many perfect games have been pitches?
- 4 How rare is a perfect game?
- 5 Has there ever been a 3 pitch inning in MLB?
- 6 Has anyone thrown a no hitter and lost?
- 7 What is the rarest thing in baseball?
- 8 Who threw the slowest pitch in MLB history?
- 9 Can a baseball game go on forever?
- 10 Who has thrown the most perfect games?
- 11 Who threw the most no-hitters?
- 12 Can you lose a perfect game?
- 13 Did Nolan Ryan throw a perfect game?
- 14 What is better a perfect game vs no hitter?
- 15 What MLB players hit 4 homeruns in a game?
When was the last perfect game pitched in Major League Baseball?
The most recent perfect game pitched in the MLB was thrown by Félix Hernández of the Seattle Mariners against the Tampa Bay Rays on August 15, 2012. He struck out the side twice and struck out twelve total batters in a 1–0 victory.
Has anyone ever pitched a 27 pitch game?
Necciai is best remembered for the unique feat of striking out 27 batters in a nine-inning game, which he accomplished in the Class-D Appalachian League on May 13, 1952. He is the only pitcher ever to do so in a nine-inning, professional-league game.
How many perfect games have been pitches?
There have been 23 perfect games thrown in Major League Baseball history and no pitcher has ever done the feat twice.
How rare is a perfect game?
Perfect games are rare in baseball. There have only been 23 perfect games ever played in Major League Baseball history, and only 21 since the modern era of baseball started in 1901 as of August 2021.
Has there ever been a 3 pitch inning in MLB?
Major League Pitchers Who Threw a 3-Pitch Inning Completely unofficial and no record books have ever been kept.
Has anyone thrown a no hitter and lost?
Big Days in Astros History – April 23, 1964 – Ken Johnson throws a no-hitter and loses! The big, easy-going, 230-pounder was told he had become the first pitcher in the annals of baseball to pitch a nine-inning no-hitter and lose.
What is the rarest thing in baseball?
Unassisted triple plays The rarest type of triple play, and one of the rarest events of any kind in baseball, is for a single fielder to complete all three outs. There have only been 15 unassisted triple plays in MLB history, making this feat rarer than a perfect game.
Who threw the slowest pitch in MLB history?
Utility player Brock Holt used a few eephus pitches during a relief appearance for the Texas Rangers on August 7, 2021, one registering the slowest MLB pitch for a called strike since at least 2008 (the pitch-tracking era) at 31.1 miles per hour (50.1 km/h).
Can a baseball game go on forever?
In theory, a baseball game could go on forever; in practice, however, they eventually end. In addition to that rule, a game might theoretically end if both the home and away team were to run out of players to substitute (see Substitutions, below).
Who has thrown the most perfect games?
No pitcher has ever thrown more than one. The perfect game thrown by Don Larsen in game 5 of the 1956 World Series is the only postseason perfect game in major league history and one of only two postseason no-hitters.
Who threw the most no-hitters?
The pitcher who holds the record for the most no-hitters is Nolan Ryan, who threw seven in his 27-year career.
Can you lose a perfect game?
Theoretically, a pitcher could lose a perfect game without throwing a pitch in the 10th. The extra-inning runner (EIR) could immediately steal 3rd and home or the pitcher could throw the ball away trying to check the runner.
Did Nolan Ryan throw a perfect game?
Ryan is the all-time leader in no-hitters with seven, three more than any other pitcher. Despite this, he never pitched a perfect game, nor did he ever win a Cy Young Award. Ryan is one of only 29 players in baseball history to have appeared in Major League baseball games in four different decades.
What is better a perfect game vs no hitter?
The term is most often used to describe a game in which a single pitcher throws a complete game of at least 9 innings (27 outs) without giving up a hit. A perfect game is a no-hitter in which no runner is allowed to reach base, whether by hit, base-on-balls, hit-by-pitch or error. 6
What MLB players hit 4 homeruns in a game?
Must C: Martinez’s four homers
- J.D. Martinez, D-backs, Sept. 4, 2017.
- Scooter Gennett, Reds, June 6, 2017.
- • Gennett’s historic feat.
- Josh Hamilton, Rangers, May 8, 2012.
- Carlos Delgado, Blue Jays, Sept.
- Shawn Green, Dodgers, May 23, 2002.
- Mike Cameron, Mariners, May 2, 2002.
- Mark Whiten, Cardinals, Sept.